Katherine has spent over a decade immersed in the world of Real Estate and Corporate legal administration. After graduation in 2006 Katherine took a role in a small law firm, drafting real estate documents from scratch and assisting with estate administration. From there grew to a clerk role in a larger law firm and then transitioned to an in-house role with a commercial developer in Saskatchewan. Working for a development and property management firm gave Katherine experience working with complex corporate structure and drafting intricate lease contracts for a variety of properties and tenancies including both office and retail. Moving back to Ontario, Katherine took a role analyzing leases for major landlords and tenants across Canada, offering solutions to maximize profits in their portfolios. Currently Katherine owns Jensen Consulting, and offers her expertise as a consultant to help landlords and tenants across Canada and the United states with drafting and auditing their Commercial Leases.
Mature, hard-working enthusiastic law clerk with over 10 years of experience drafting and administering lease documents, organizing the Directors of multi-million dollar projects, and managing process initiatives across Canada. Qualifications
- Experience in commercial real estate management and corporate structure across Canada
- In depth knowledge of commercial leases for retail centers including enclosed malls, strip plazas, big box centres, as well as office buildings, and industrial centres
- Negotiated leases for historic landmark buildings across Canada
- Understand the lease requirements specific to a wide range of tenants from medical practices to food court restaurants
- Identifying Transfer/Assignment Rights
- Determining default provisions & termination rights
- Abstracting terms of Extension / Renewal Options
- Communicating between Landlords and Tenants
- Discerning important rights & obligations, such as exclusive rights and restrictions
- Consulting on mandates for Property Managers
To see more to go LinkedIn
Could the Tight Commercial Real Estate Market Affect Your Business?
Click here and read whole article on americanexpress.com
Commercial Leasing: Choosing Someone you know vs. Someone who KNOWS!
Click here and read whole article on Guelphlocal.com
This client is leasing retail space in a Centre in Oakville, Ontario, Canada. They did not have a Commercial Realtor on their side and were negotiating directly with the Landlord. After review of the Offer we made a few suggestions and the Tenant ended up...
Here's what the CEO of Commercial Real Estate Software Solutions has to say about the role of a Lease Analyst in the Commercial Real Estate world. Many small business owners find themselves becoming landlords in the later years of their careers. It often starts with...
If you are about to draft or sign an Offer on a fill in the blank template form, please don't. Read this first, and then decide if the template is offering you everything you need. Fill-in-the-blank templates have their place, but in my opinion they have no place in...
Steps every Tenant needs to Take
101.3 myFM Radio Ad (April - July 2018)
Giving back to our community